background

Monday, May 7, 2012

BRYNLEE'S 6th MONTH (April/May)

I can't believe that Brynlee is almost 6 months old!  Time sure does fly by when you are so busy with a growing baby!  Such a cliche statement, but oh so true.  :)  I have been slacking lately and haven't posted in a while so I have a lot to catch everyone up on.  Brynlee is doing so much now, she is rolling all over the place and she is attempting to crawl, but she kind of crawls (or scoots) backwards.  I found her like this one day when I took my eyes off her for a couple minutes!


She sure is a cutie, I must say!  We busted out the pack and play again and we put her in there to play to contain her a little.  I know she is not going to want to stay in there for long, but for now she is content.  She also loves her bouncer activity thing (not sure the technical term for it).


This is what she does when she is on the floor with a flimsy blanket.  She rolls herself right up in it like a little Brynlee burrito.


Her hair is getting so long in the front, so I bought some hair ties and barrettes to keep her bangs out of her eyes.  The hair ties make her hair stand straight up (not for going out in public)!

                                         Before the hair tie
                                        
                                          After the hair tie

The barrettes are cute too and are much more appropriate for taking her out in public, and serve the purpose of keeping the hair out of her eyes.


I still love the bows that my friend Desi made her too.  Here's one of them:


We had to buy a space saver high chair to feed her in because the Bumbo and the bouncer were just not working anymore.  This is what she would do in the Bumbo:


We don't have a kitchen table since we don't have room because my office is in the dining room, so we have to feed her on the coffee table.  We also used the bouncer, but that wasn't working either as she would try to eat the pillow
on the bouncer and make a mess. And, we had to lean down to feed her as she was on the floor in the bouncer and frankly, my back can't take that anymore as I can't deny the fact that I'm just getting old!


So...the space saver high chair was purchased, and it works much better.  Plus, it will transform to a booster seat for the day that we do have a kitchen table in the house again!


I am still making her baby food, and she loves a variety of foods, which I am grateful for.  She loves pears, apples, bananas, peas (mixed with pears), avocados (mixed with bananas), green beans, and carrots.  She didn't like the jarred prunes so much, but I did make a prune puree from some store bought prunes and she liked that ok.  We had to give her some prunes becuase she has been a little constipated (at least we think she is).  I just made some butternut squash and mango and bananas that I will have her try in a few days once we make sure she is ok with the avocado.  I purchased a hand held immersion blender and I love it!  It is so much quicker and faster to make a quick batch of her food, and you don't have to add any liquid like you do with the regular blender to puree the food.  I should have got one of these a long time ago!

Here is a picture of her when I gave her the avocado and banana mix yesterday.  I think she wants more!


Mimi (Jason's mom) comes to visit this weekend so that Jason and I can enjoy a night out for our 5 year anniversary on Saturday.  I am excited, but nervous at the same time because I don't want Brynlee to be too fussy for Mimi.  Hopefully she will be good for her.  More to come next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment