background

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BRYNLEE'S 5TH MONTH (March/April)

Well, I think I am finally caught up.  Brynlee has entered into her 5th month.  She was 4 months old last Wednesday (3/14/12), and we went to her Doctor appointment where she got some more shots (I have been splitting them up so that she doesn't have to get so many all at once). She weighed in at 13lbs, 8oz and 23.5 inches long. The Doctor said she was a healthy baby girl.  She was a very happy girl in the room while waiting for the Doctor, and she destroyed the paper on the table.  She has come a long way since her first appointment (she didn't like it when we had to strip her down, but she was ok with it this time).


She took a nap with daddy later that day in our bed.  She slept for almost 3 hours, which is a long nap for her (she's usually a cat napper).


She has been sleeping in her own room in her crib for a week now.  She was sleeping in our room in her pack and play, and she was not sleeping well at all. We would have to bring her into our bed in order to get any sleep!  In her first few weeks to a month, she slept in her car seat next to our bed.  We had an insert in it that cradled her, and she loved it.  She would sleep so well, so I figured hey, whatever works!  I moved her from her car seat to her swing and took out the car seat insert and put that in the swing.  She slept great that way as well, but of course the swing had to be on (went through quite a few batteries).  We had her swaddled as well and she slept so much better that way.  I think around 2 and a half months or so we finally took out the insert and she was still sleeping in the swing.  Jason and I got a new bedroom set in February (an early anniversary present) and I finally took the swing out of our room and she slept in her pack and play (she was 3 months old by this point).  Then, I decided to let her sleep unswaddled, I probably should have kept her swaddled, but she kept wiggling like she wanted to be free (she is a wiggle worm these days).  I probably should have let her sleep in her own room much earlier, but I wasn't ready yet.  The first few nights in her room were a little rough; we let her cry it out, but she eventually was able to soothe herself to sleep. Now everyone is happy and we are all getting more sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment