background

Monday, March 12, 2012

WAITING FOR BRYNLEE

Ok, I know most of you are up to date on all of these happenings, but I figured it couldn't hurt as a refresher (for myself too) as time has obviously been flying by! 

Brynlee was due on November 12, 2011, so my mom flew in on Thursday, November 10th.  My amniotic fluid levels were low so I was being monitored twice a week a few weeks before she was due.  I wasn't dialated at my last appointment, so if she didn't arrive on her due date, I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, November 14th at 7:00 PM.  I really didn't want to be induced because of the obvious higher chances of having a c-section.  I was also very worried that my mom wasn't going to get enough time with Brynlee once she was born because she was leaving Thursday, November 17th.  Of course, I worried for nothing!  We went out shopping on my due date and went to have a pedicure to see if we could get things moving.  That didn't work, but I had pretty toes!  :)  Sunday we went out shopping again and I started having some weird uncomfortable pains in my back.  They weren't unbearable, but they weren't pleasant.  I read that contractions can start as back pain so we thought this might mean we were going to the hospital tonight.  I called my dad and my sister and let them know that today could be the day!  We were hoping that we would have another birthday on the 13th! 

Jason came home early from work and we waited a lot of the early contractions out at home (they went away for the most part so we figured it was a false alarm).  I called the hospital and spoke with a nurse in labor and delivery and she told me that the very fact that I was able to carry on a conversation with her was proof that I wasn't ready to come in yet.  So we got our hopes up for nothing (so we thought).  My mom was upstairs getting ready for bed (she was still on east coast time), it was about 7:45 or 8:00 pm or so (I can't remember the exact time), and my water broke! I remember it was like a pop, and so not like they portray in the movies and on TV.  There was not a lot of water, but it was noticeable (I won't go into the details).  So, we got everything ready to go and we were off to the hospital.  The bag was mostly packed and ready to go. The contractions started to get progressively worse and a little closer together.  We were at the hospital within an hour or so of my water breaking and we were checked into a room in no time!  The hospital was great, I couldn't have asked for a better nurse.  She was awesome!  Once I got my epidural, I was a happy camper!  I was progressively dialiting and all was good, but at one point Brynlee's heart rate dropped and they didn't like how her heart rate was looking.  They moved my position (they had me lay on my side) and they gave me an oxygen mask.  They said that if it didn't work, they may have to do an emergency c-section.  I didn't get upset though, we just waited it out and were patient.  The next time the nurse came in to check on me I was dialated pretty much past the point where they would have to do the c-section, so she was calling the Doctor.  Hallelujah!  I did most of my pushing with the nurse and I pushed for about 25 - 30 minutes or so and once the Doctor arrived Brynlee Anne Pomroy was here within a few minutes!  She was born on Monday, November 14th at 5:23 AM, 6lbs. 14 oz., 19.5 inches long.




No comments:

Post a Comment