background

Monday, March 26, 2012

What a weekend!

We had a pretty busy weekend, and I feel like I have so much to post about.  Miss Brynlee is starting to get so much more active.  I think I mentioned in one of the last posts that she rolled over, but wouldn't do it for me again so that I could get it on video.  Well, that same day that I said that, she did it not too much later and I was finally able to capture it on camera!


The video quality isn't the best, I will have to work on that (or we just need to invest in a new video camera).  :)  This video was last Tuesday (3/20/12) and since then, she is rolling over both ways now (I need to get that on video)!  She loves being on her tummy now and she even sleeps on her tummy!  She scared the you know what out of me on Friday afternoon when I put her down for a nap.  She was crying, which is normal so I was downstairs doing a few things and I went up to check on her once it got quiet, and she was face down in the child's pose position in the far corner of her crib in between the bumpers (I didn't have time to capture it on camera)!  I quickly picked her up to make sure she was ok and she just gave me this look like "what mom?".  She is something else! 

We picked up another bountiful basket Saturday morning.  We had to get up early, but it was so worth it.  We got so much stuff!


I got a juicer so I have been juicing at least once a day or making a smoothie, so none of the stuff we get goes to waste!  I also make Brynlee baby food with whatever we don't or won't use, and then I freeze it. 

Later that evening we went to Desi's house for Chelsea's bachelorette party. So much fun getting Chelsea ready for her wedding night and honeymoon!  ;)  Brynlee got to stay up past her bed time, and she did better than I thought she would.  She went right to sleep once we got home after I fed her. 

But...on Sunday morning at 2:30 am she woke up to eat (nothing new there), and when I put her back to sleep after feeding her she immediately rolled over to her tummy to go to sleep.  I rolled her back over to her back and again she rolled over to her tummy.  I tried again to put her to her back and she was not happy and rolled back to her tummy.  She looked so comfy and was pretty much asleep so I decided to let her be, but I was pretty nervous about it after everything that you read about SIDS and what not, so I grabbed a blanket and my pillows and slept on the floor in her room to make sure that she was ok (I paid for that the next day, my back is still hurting).

Later that morning when Jason left to go to work, I brought her into our bed and we slept for a couple of hours.  We got up early again becuase I wanted to go to this semi-annual sale called the As They Grow Kids Consignment Sale (it was the 50% off day).  I debated whether I wanted to go becuase I didn't know how she was going to be and if it would be worth the drive, but I am so glad that I went.  I got her so much stuff for $38.00!  It could seriously be her summer wardrobe, but I'm sure I will find more cute stuff to buy her along the way!



I got her this Gator dress for $1.50!

And her Easter dress for $4.00!

Brynlee still continues to roll over to her tummy every time I put her in her crib on her back.  Last night I didn't sleep on the floor in her room, but I did go into check on her often!

Here she is playing on her tummy in the bassinet.


No comments:

Post a Comment